Information of Interdisciplinary Workshop for Leading Students 2017 (IW4LS)
To enhance the collaboration and interaction among the Leading Programs in the composite category (Information), the students and facility members of Nagoya University, University of Tsukuba, Waseda University and Toyohashi University of Technology introduce their program and perform group discussion and poster session.
Date: 8th April, 2017 11:00am – 7:00pm
Place: Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT)
(For information of access, refer the attachment)
Fee: 2,500 yen for students, 4,500 yen for faculty members (Please collect all the fee for each university)
Participants: Group discussion 15-20 students of M1, M2 and D1 for each university
Poster session around 5 students of D2 and D3 for each university
10:00am – 11:00am Registration at A-101
11:00am – 11:10am Greeting from the host university, Guidance of the workshop
11:10am – 12:10am Introduction of the Leading Program of each university
(15 mins for each university)
12:10am – 1:40pm Lunch break, Facility tour, Poster exhibition
1:40pm – 4:00pm Group discussion, Poster session
4:00pm – 5:30pm Presentation, Vote on the best presentation
5:30pm – 7:00pm Reception, The best presentation award ceremony
(For information of the places, refer the attachment)
4. Facility tour
Participants can visit facilities related to brain science in Electronics-Inspired Interdisciplinary Research Institute, EIIRIS (http://www.eiiris.tut.ac.jp/) or facilities in Visual Perception and Cognition Laboratory (http://www.vpac.cs.tut.ac.jp/en/).
5. Theme of the group discussion
The theme for the group discussion has been decided. For details, refer the attachment.
6. Transportation (for details, refer the attachment)
Participants of University of Tsukuba and Waseda University can take the Shinkansen departing at 8:33am from Tokyo station, arriving at 9:57am at Toyohashi station. Nonstop buses from the bus stop No. 2 at the east exit to TUT will be provided (440 yen for one-way). We will arrange guidance students from the Shinkansen ticket gate to the bus stop. The buses will be provided for the return path as well so that you can take the Shinkansen departing at 8:46pm from Toyohashi station, arriving at 10:10pm at Tokyo station. Participants of Nagoya University can take the buses as well.
- For lunch, the canteen and convenience store in the campus are available.
- Please prepare PPT slides (in English) for the introduction of the Leading Program of each university. The introduction will be presented by students from each university. If any poster of program introduction (in English or Japanese) is available, please bring it as well for the poster session.
- Participants of the poster session should prepare and bring a poster of their study (in size of B1 – A0). It is not necessarily needed to prepare a new poster for this poster session. Posters prepared for conferences are allowable. Language in the poster session is not specified.
- More details will be notified by email and on the website of the Leading Program of Toyohashi University of Technology (/en/iw4ls2017).
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580, JAPAN
Toyohashi University of Technology
Organization for Leading Graduate School Program, Office of IW4LS2017